Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Foodie Post #1

A passion I have had throughout my entire life is food. I truly love everything about it; the eating, the experience, etc. Throughout the years, I have learned the importance of healthy food, sometimes the hard way. Since coming to college, I have learned the importance of cooking my own food in terms of being health and financially conscious.
Growing up, my mom always made my food. Even when I became a vegetarian, she kindly whipped me up an alternative meal to my family's meaty dish. I made cookies and pasta every now and then, but had practically no experience with cooking. When I moved into my apartment sophomore year, I was lost. I wanted to eat healthier things than I could cook, but didn't really know where to begin. I followed various blogs and instagrammers that gave me good ideas for meal ideas, which got me started. 
Although my cooking skills have become a lot better, I am always looking to improve. I now follow multiple chefs and foodies on snapchat and instagram where I can view posts and watch the videos of them explaining their products and the steps to make their food perfection. They also even give ideas to make recipes cheaper and healthier. It is like having your own personal coach in your kitchen with you. My favorite instagrammer and blogger right now is shutthekaleup! She is so helpful in explaining why food is good for you and why certain ones taste great together. Its the ultimate cook book update!
On top of sharing her delicious combinations, she promotes many products from whole foods and various health stores. Me and my roommates have began to take suite and buy the same products that she advertises in her various videos and posts. People our age tend to trust these personas who are personally telling us about the product rather than adds we see. We buy more expensive versions of the same product because we want to be like her and  she says they are healthier and taste amazing. It is interesting how stores can connect to these people on social media to help sell their products.

Here are some of the yummy pics of her dishes:



xo and eat well,

Claire

1 comment:

  1. I also love food!! I do the same thing with recipes on pinterest. Im always looking for new healthy recipes and will definitely need to follow some of these people!

    ReplyDelete