Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Food Post #3

The power of social media when it comes to food still amazes me.

In my other marketing class, we had to choose a local business to help by consulting with them and coming up with a marketing plan to help them with a specific goal. My group chose PanaderĂ­a Tacuari bakery. It is an authentic South American bakery located off of Chase st. It has been described as a "hidden gem" of Athens. Hidden is a key word. They have a lot of business from latino families, but have yet to break through to other target markets in Athens, such as the students.

When interviewing the owner, he said they had a very successful week the week a local food instagrammer posted a picture of their food on their Instagram. He said that was the busiest week of college students they have ever had. That amazed me!

It is so crazy how everyone has a voice in marketing now, and often, word of mouth marketing is even more effective!

One of my good friends has a popular food Instagram full of funny captions and delicious looking food from restaurants all around. Honestly, every time I see her posts, I crave the food. Its so crazy how just a picture on a random Instagram account can generate sufficient business if they have a lot of followers.

pictures of PanaderĂ­a Tacuari's instagram (in case you want to go try them!):



And here are some pics from my friends instagram, @letthebigdawgseat:



(not gonna lie.. i went and got a pizza bagel probably 30 minutes after they posted it)

No comments:

Post a Comment