Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Foodie post #5

Hey again everyone,

As usual i want to talk about food and social media.. my two favorites. I was thinking about all of the insta and snapchat chef celebs I follow, and I was wondering who made this so widespread and cool. I was thinking back to what changed cookbooks, to online recipes, to food videos that crowd my news feed.

The first ones I could remember were the Tasty videos. God, I love those. For those of you who haven't gotten to watch these videos or don't know who they are, you must go check them out. The first time I began to see these was on Facebook. They are quick videos that teach you how to prepare a certain delicious desert or meal. I mean they look so good, they usually make me hungry every time. Here's a link to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty/?fref=ts

In a lot of my classes, I have done extensive research on millennials, and it really makes sense why Tasty has become so popular. Millennials love do it yourself options, with many ingredients that they can assemble. They are also very attracted to videos rather than reading long articles, so they don't have to put too much thought into it. The videos also make the food look more appealing than just your average photo.

To date, Tasty has 81,612,925 likes on their Facebook page. 561 of my friends alone like them. They have also expanded into pintrest, instagram, vine, twitter, and youtube. They are also considering breaking into the food television industry. It's cool how they are breaking into big industries through social media rather than the other way around.

here is their valentines day video for the occasion:

https://www.facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty/


















Thanks, and keep eating!

Claire Sussman



No comments:

Post a Comment